The focal points of the German training for lawyers are:
A. The legal terminology
- Legal vocabulary in your specific field of law.
- Legal definitions: specific meaning of legal terms.
B. Learning to deal with legal texts
- Legislative and administrative regulations.
- Legal commentaries and academic articles.
- Judgements, reports and opinions.
- Facts of a case.
C. Training the specific German legal methods and its typical language features
- Gutachtenstil (assertion, definition and subsumption) and Urteilsstil (conclusion and reasoning).
- Linguistic features of the German legal language such as compound words and nominalistic style.
- The use of conjunctions to express causes, consequences, conditions etc.
Text in German